What Are Veneers?
Veneers are thin slices of tooth-like material that can be used to correct a variety of cosmetic issues. The veneer is custom made to match the size, shape, and color of your natural teeth. The veneer is bonded to the visible part of your tooth.
Veneers are a favorite among dental professionals and patients alike because they are simple, cost-effective, and can work wonders to improve the appearance of a smile. We can also apply multiple veneers at the same time, and the process is easy and virtually pain free.
Why Would I Need Veneers?
Veneers can help to correct a variety of aesthetic issues. You might benefit from getting veneers if:
- You have a chipped tooth.
- You have a broken tooth.
- You have a discolored or stained tooth.
- You have a misshapen tooth.
- You have a small gap between two teeth.
- You have a worn down tooth.
Veneers can help fix all of these issues and more.
What To Expect
Veneers usually require a couple of easy steps that occur over 2 – 3 visits to our office.
- The first step consists of planning out your treatment.
- We must make sure veneers are your best option and get an understanding of what you want to achieve.
- We will then prepare your teeth for the veneers by shaving off a small amount of your tooth’s surface.
- Next, we will take an impression of your teeth so that your veneers can be custom made to fit your teeth precisely.
- We then bond the custom made veneers to your teeth with dental cement.
- The last step is to make sure the fit and color are perfect and appropriately match your existing teeth.
And that’s all there is to it! Veneers provide an exceptionally simple treatment option to give you the smile you’ve always wanted.